Friday, November 21, 2008
We're not dead yet though. In fact, our good friends at Fantasy Hockey Scouts have just been picked up by theScore.com's blog network. Congrats to them. Their success has inspired us. One day soon we may reach the coveted double digits in readership!
Even though our Internet access has been severely shortened we came across this video courtesy of Ghostrunner on First:
Now we know two important things:
1) You can do the Haka on skates.
2) New Zealand has a ice hockey team
We feel all the better for it.
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Sunday, November 9, 2008
A bunch of videos that weren't entertaining enough for us to post individually but together might be worth your time.
- A very awkward Nike commercial featuring LeBron. Would this really sell more shoes?
- There are many, many crazy Philly fans that have been posted after the Phillies big win. There are two of our favourites: Utley drops the f-bomb. A crazy women threatens another fan with a bat. Brotherly Love indeed.
- Shaq showed up at a Devils game. Obviously not a hockey fan, but we appreciate his effort. Not as cool as Snoop Dogg's NHL appearance but if we had a video of this moment it might be a different story.
- You know if ESPN is showing a hockey highlight featuring a nine-year-old it must be pretty good.
- A high school baseball coach thought it would be a good idea to take target practice on his players. (Article)
- Steve Nash is one funny dude...and he's Canadian!
- This is one from last week but it's a nice (clean, in our opinion) hit and worth a look. Brandon Sutter learns the hard way to keep his head up.
And our Clip of the Week is from the world of Rugby League. It may be the only time we'll write that line. In a match between New Zealand's Maori team and Australia's Aboriginal Dreamtime team the pre-match antics must have been more entertaining than the game. We've always been a big fan of the Haka (what the Maori's are doing) but putting it up against the Aboriginal war cry makes it even better:
< Last Week <> Next Week (coming soon) >
Friday, November 7, 2008
What would happen if an (almost) NHL-calibre player faced off against an (almost) regular Joe? We got to find out as former NHLer Nick Kypreos faced off against Blue Jays backup catcher Gregg Zaun in a shootout:
So what did we learn from that video? Skating is important to play goalie.
The two now have a rematch set up where Kypreos is going to take some batting practice and try to catch a fastball. With Gregg Zaun being a free agent we're worried this might not happens. We are very anti-Kypreos both as a player and especially as a commentator so we would love to see him embarrassed.
Speaking of Kypreos getting embarrassed, it's time to relive our favourite Kyreos moment (not for the squeamish):
Ryan Vandenbussche throws our second favourite punch of all time in that clip. What tops our list?