You know we love you, right reader? Just to prove it to you, we've put together our greatest ever week of the best (and worst) the sport world has to offer:
- They are making a movie version of Moneyball? Brad Pitt may play Billy Beane? We enjoyed the book but we can't see how it would make an interesting movie. Maybe Billy Beane will be an international spy as well the A's GM.
- A Gamecock gets tackled by the ref. We're not talking about a bump, the ref forearms the QB. Not sure what he was thinking.
- Nothing we like more than awkward press conference moments. Here's a compilation of some of the best of all time.
- A goalie scoring a goal in soccer. Not as exciting as Ron Hextall but still exciting.
- Who said the Tampa Bay Rays have no famous fans?
- You know those days where you feel like you're hitting your head against a wall? What about the days where you feel like your getting smashed on top of your head with a hockey stick?
- Sure it's not a video but Puck Daddy put together a great little interview with director and Devils fan Kevin Smith. Worthy of a read ... if you like hockey and Kevin Smith.
- Another non-video, but in case you missed it Sarah Palin said if she had another child she would call it Zamboni. Hockey moms everywhere groan. At first we thought it was a bit of a joke, but she's already called children Track, Bristol, Willow, Piper and Trig ... so you never know..
- You've probably already seen this video as it's been making the rounds. A-Rod, Kobe, Phelps and Tony Hawk are all Guitar Heroes. How much money did Sony have to pay these four? Is the extra money really worth the embarrassment of this ad for these superstars?
- The Batting Stance Guy is back. This time with a tribute to walk off home runs in World Series history. We love this guy.
- NHL teams keep putting out some solid commercials this year. The Canadians add to the flock with another great one.
- Some guy from Winnipeg wrote the Tampa Bay Rays theme song. It's called "Feel the Heat, Rays". Get it? It's a 'clever' play on words. It's also awful. We were rooting for the Rays but now we're not so sure.
With a hat tip to the World Series our Clip o' the Week is from the world of Baseball. We saw the 'Rejected Yankee Stadium Memories' clips and thought they were pretty entertaining. They are also a very accurate representation of ALL Yankee fans. Number 1 (below) is our favourite but 4 and 8 are worth a look as well.