With our technical difficulties last week this will be a double shot of the best (and worst) sports videos that were posted to the net the past two weeks:
- Amare Stoudemire is doing his 'dancey-dance' on a show for toddlers (we assume).
- When the Cubs clinched a playoff spot it looks like their curse might finally be lifted. Three playoff games later and the curse is still going strong.
- A couple of Los Angeles Kings made guest appearances on 'The Price is Right', as reported by Waikiki Hockey earlier this week.
- Vancouver made a lot of noise when they named their goalie, Roberto Luongo, captain this week. Here's a good article on goalie captains in NHL history and why a rule was created to make sure they couldn't wear the 'C'.
- Three drunken female Cleveland Brown fans kiss each other for a free $5 t-shirt ... Stay classy, Cleveland!
- SportsCenter has made some good ads. Their newest, featuring author Stephen King, is another classic.
- Another CFL TD celebration clip. With the NFL outlawing this kind of behaviour the CFL is trying to fill the void. We're not sure a quick game of duck, duck, goose does the trick though.
- FIFA unveiled their new mascot for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa. We're normally pretty horrified by sporting event mascots (for example) but this cheap looking lion is in a class all by himself.
The NHL season started last weekend in Europe. Now that we've had a taste, we have to make it through 5 more non-hockey days. Our Clip o' the Week may have been selected because we have hockey on the brain but it's still a dandy of a save from Carey Price. As Pierre McGuire says it's the save of the year and the year hasn't started yet. Bring on the 2008-09 season!